|For the cake:|
|Unsalted butter softened||1/2 cup|
|Erythritol (I use swerve)||1/2 cup|
|Almond Flour||1 1/4 cup|
|Isopure Zero Carb - Creamy Vanilla||1 scoop|
|Baking Powder||2 tsp|
|Vanilla extract||1 tsp|
|Heavy whipping cream||1/4 cup|
|Canned coconut milk, full fat and unsweetened||1/2 cup|
|Unsweetened Almond Milk||1/2 cup|
|Liquid stevia, or to taste||10-15 drops|
|For whipped cream topping:|
|Heavy whipping cream||1/2 cup|
|Vanilla extract||1/2 tsp|
|Liquid stevia, or to taste||15-20 drops|
|Xanthan Gum||1/2 tsp|
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and prepare a 9 inch round cake pan with non-stick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, whey protein, salt and baking powder, stirring to combine. Set the mixture aside.
3. In a separate medium bowl, combine the butter, vanilla, and erythritol. Beat with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs and whipping cream and beat again until well integrated.
5. Working in batches, add the dry ingredients in with the wet, mixing after each addition until you have a smooth, creamy batter.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Allow them to cool for at least 15, then carefully, turn it out onto your serving plate.
8. In a small bowl, or large measuring cup – mix together the coconut milk, almond milk, and stevia.
9. Slowly and evenly, pour the milk mixture over the cake.
For the whipped cream topping:
Combine all the ingredients for the topping in a medium bowl. Using a hand mixer beat until stiff peaks form and the mixture has at least doubled in size. Once cake has completely cooled, spread the whipped cream on top and serve.
Because culinary technique may vary, the nutritional information provided for this recipe is estimated and should not be construed as a guarantee.