PUMPKIN SPICE PROTEIN PANCAKES
- Crack the 6 eggs in your blender container, add 1 cup pumpkin puree, and 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk. Blend for 30 seconds, or until smooth.
- Gradually add 1 cup almond flour, 1 cup vanilla protein powder, 1/4 cup erythritol (or any granulated sweetener, like coconut sugar), 3 to 4 tsp ground pumpkin spice, 1 tsp baking powder. Blend until smooth (between 30 to 60 seconds). Scrape the sides of your blender container as needed (do so in the OFF position, of course).
- Heat some coconut oil, or any choice of healthy fat (as needed), in a large non-stick pan or pancake pan over medium heat. For each pancake, pour 1/3 cup batter into your pan and gently tap to spread evenly. Flip after 2 to 3 minutes, or when a spatula easily slips under the pancake. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. You can usually cook 3 to 4 pancakes of this size in the same pan, at the same time, depending on its size (the pancakes are about 3 1/2 inches wide). Repeat until there is no more batter left.
- Top with your favorite healthy toppings. I used some butter, maple syrup, pumpkin seeds, and unsweetened shredded coconut. Any nut butter, berries, nuts, whipped cream would do as well.
- Store for up to 7 days in the refrigerator in a sealed container, or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Because culinary technique may vary, the nutritional information provided for this recipe is estimated and should not be construed as a guarantee.