- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond butter, molasses, lemon juice and maple syrup. Whisk until combined.
- Add almond flour, protein powder, coconut sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and baking soda and mix/knead to form a ball of dough. Add a few drops of almond milk if the mixture is too dry or a bit of oat flour if it is very wet.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper down on a work surface and dust lightly with oat flour. Place the dough on top, sprinkle a little bit more flour followed by another sheet of parchment paper. Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness and cut cookies into any shape you like.
- Use a spatula or your fingers to carefully transfer the cookies onto the prepared baking sheet, about 3 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 7-9 minutes, until slightly golden around the edges. The cookies should still be very soft - they will firm up as the cool.
- While the cookies are baking, roll out the remaining dough and cut out as many cookies as possible.
- When all the cookies are done baking, allow them to cool completely before decorating.
- Place the icing or coconut butter in a small piping bag or Ziploc bag with the corner cut off and decorate cookies. Chill the cookies for 10-15 minutes until the icing has firmed up.
- Serve immediately or keep in an air-tight container at room temperature until needed.
Because culinary technique may vary, the nutritional information provided for this recipe is estimated and should not be construed as a guarantee.