LOW CARB LASAGNA
- To make a protein noodle,Preheat oven to 375°. Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
- In mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, combine together cream cheese and eggs.
- Next, add Parmesan cheese, protein powder and spices. Mix to combine.
- Fold in mozzarella cheese and mix until well incorporated.
- Spread the mixture into the baking dish, forming an even layer
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- When the “noodles” are done baking, Set cheese noodles aside to let cool.
- While noodles are cooling, prepare your meat sauce.
- In a large skillet, add onion and ground beef. Cook on medium heat until meat is browned.
- Add in Italian seasoning and marinara sauce. Reduce to low heat and cook at a simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Make a mix of ricotta cheese with parmesan and one egg with salt and garlic powder then add chopped spinach.
- Evenly slice your protein noodle into thirds. Your slices should just ﬁt into an loaf pan or casserole pan.
- Add a thin layer of meat sauce to the bottom of pan. Add ﬁrst noodle layer over meat sauce.
- Add 1/3 of the remaining meat sauce across ﬁrst noodle layer. Spread 3 tbsp of ricotta cheese mixture across. Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese across.
- Repeat with second noodle, meat sauce, ricotta, and mozzarella.
- Add third noodle. Top with remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle on remaining mozzarella. If desired you can add a pinch of dried herb seasoning to the cheese. I like to ﬁnely crumble a pinch of dried oregano and add it to the cheese.
- Bake lasagna in the middle of your oven at 350F for about 25 minutes.and broil 2 minutes to allow cheese to brown.
- Let lasagna cool slightly before slicing and serving. If desired, sprinkle on some ﬁnely chopped fresh basil, oregano and parsley and freshly grated parmesan cheese before serving.
Because culinary technique may vary, the nutritional information provided for this recipe is estimated and should not be construed as a guarantee.