Molly Sims Banana Blueberry Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda, powder, spices and protein powder) in a mixing bowl. Fold in blueberries and then set aside.
- Mash or blend bananas until pureed.
- In another bowl whisk together the egg, melted butter and brown sugar (be sure to pour the butter in slowly and whisk constantly so it doesn’t curdle the egg).
- Add in banana puree
- Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Scoop batter evenly into muffin tin and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges are slightly golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Wait for muffins to cool before adding icing.
- Whisk together all icing ingredients until smooth and then drizzle on top of muffins.
- Lastly add lemon zest.